Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Minnow Pond Hunt 2

This past Saturday we went back to the minnow pond hunting club. There was a big change in the weather from last weekend to this weekend. Temperature was 25 degrees, with 20 mph wind gust. Hogie, Billy Jr. (from the hunting club), Terry, and I decided to try it out to see how the dogs would do. I thought it was going to be a not so good hunt, but I was wrong. This was probably one of my best hunts this season, even though I did not kill. Race 1 - The dogs worked really hard in the minnow ponds and drove a rabbit out, I took the first shot and missed. Terry took a shot at the bunny as it passed him, and he missed. Race 2 - The dogs drove rabbit out of another thick minnow pond. Hogie took the kill. Race 3 - The bunny slipped by us and hit the woods. It circled back and Hogie was in the right spot again. Kill 2 for Hogie. If you read the story in Minnow Pond Hunt about the rabbit in the pipe, we got on him again. Deja vu! But this time he was not so lucky. Terry took the kill. By this time, night was falling. Race 4 -On our way back to our vehicles, we jumped another rabbit. The dogs brought it by me, and again I missed. We had an awesome day. The dogs proved that cold weather and wind doesn't stop dogs when they are eager to hunt!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment